Well John and I are back in Rexburg! We both really miss Texas (I think I do more then John) but it is nice to be home and living on our own again. School has started up for me and I'm liking it so far, I'm a little nervous about this semester though because I have to go into a school and actually teach...so I'm really nervous about that. :-/ I got assigned to my school and class today, but I won't go into the school until Monday. But I have been assigned to a 2nd grade class! So hopefully the kids will be nice to me :P Luckily I only have to teach 4 times this semester so that gives me a little bit of a comfort because it won't be an everyday deal. But as far as my other classes go...they don't seem like they'll be too hard for me. :) John hasn't been up to much other then trying to find a job here, which has been pretty hard...since all of the college students are back jobs are hard to come by. So we're really praying that he gets a job soon!
As far as the pregnancy is going, well it's going pretty good! I still have my bad mornings but they aren't as frequent as they once were. Luckily the whole "morning sickness" has been quite literal for me, I'm only sick in the mornings usually. That has been a great blessing to both John and I (especially me ;) ) John has been taking really good care of me, but he always does. :)
I had a doctors appointment on Tuesday to get the "gender ultra sound", I was pretty nervous about it. I don't know why maybe it was just anxious to find out what we are having! But as soon as we walked into the room and the tech started the ultrasound I was much calmer. It was such an amazing experience! To see the baby moving around was just so surreal! To see him kicking around and just being an active little buggar was so calming. Funny experience with it, when the tech first started the ultra sound she was telling us about how a couple had come in earlier that day to see what they were having and their baby wasn't cooperating so they didn't get to find out what it was that day (I felt bad for them, it's never fun getting your hopes up and then getting them crushed...). But, as soon as she touched my stomach it was BAM! right there in front of us! John leaned in and said "Is that...?" And the tech smiled and was like "Yes, that is a boy!" It was pretty funny :P
He is a healthy baby! We go back in 4 weeks to get another ultrasound done to get a closer look at his major organs to make sure everything is what it needs to be right now. So we'll get even more pictures! I can't wait!!! My doctor is a little concerned about me, I got in trouble with her as far as my weight goes because I haven't gained any weight...but I'm not too worried about that, I'm sure I will gain weight very soon and very fast! (John is VERY anxious for me to get my baby belly! :P)
One more little side note, I felt more flutterings today! John and I were walking on campus and I had that "funny" feeling again. It sure did put a big smile on my face as well as John's. I think seeing the ultra sound yesterday made me more aware of the fact that our baby is moving around in there!
Here are a few of the ultra sound pictures that we got on Tuesday! (There was more, but I didn't want to upload them all...I know I'm lazy...) But here's Brayden Scott McMurtrey!

That's all of the news that I have for now! :)
Yay! I am so glad y'all are having a baby, too. And I'm glad it's a boy. :) Oh and I really like the name Brayden Scott. Glad you're feeling a little better. You're the opposite of me. I gained weight in the first trimester and then gained like 1 pound a month in the second trimester. Everyone gains the weight at different points during their pregnancy....
ReplyDeleteAnd good luck with your 2nd grade class! You'll do great! They are going to love you! It's a really good age.
Enjoy your second trimester!!! And have John take pictures for us!!
Take good care of my grandson! I can see he is adorable. :)
ReplyDelete